THORNHILL, Ontario, June 28, 2010 /Canada NewsWire/ - The time has come for kids to trade in their books and pencil cases for outside, summertime fun. And with that, CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is urging motorists to keep a watchful eye out for kids playing near traffic.
"With summer comes more children playing outdoors and enjoying the weather," said Silvana Aceto, Media and Public Relations Specialist, CAA SCO. "Kids are focused on having fun and not always aware of cars, so drivers need to be aware of them even more."
CAA SCO tips for a kid-safe summer:
- Watch for kids darting out into the street chasing a ball or pet.
- Slow down near parks, playgrounds and residential areas where kids are playing.
- Check for kids behind your vehicle before backing up.
- Leave extra space on the road for kids riding their bikes.
Family road trips are popular this time of year. It's important to have a plan in place for a stress free and safe drive, wherever you go. To help get you ready, CAA SCO recommends the following road trip tips:
- Keep kids occupied with DVDs, books and music.
- Plan driving breaks for long road trips.
- Pack snacks and toys for kids at rest stops.
If you are looking for somewhere fun to take the kids this summer, why not check out CentreVille Toronto Islands, Canada's Wonderland, Ontario Place or the Hockey Hall of Fame where CAA SCO members can get great discounts. To see all of CAA SCO's travel partner discounts, visit www.caasco.com.
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering insurance, travel, automotive care and roadside services. There are more than 1.8 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and 5 million members in Canada. We're more than Roadside Assistance. We're Life-side Assistance.